We will meet you at your hotel lobby at 1:00 PM to begin this tour. From here you will head to Cusco’s Plaza de After touring this sacred church you will continue on foot with your group through an ancient Inca-built street from the Plaza de Armas to the Q’oricancha, the Temple of the Sun (entry fee: S/15 is not included on the tourist ticket ). At the Q’oricancha you will see the clash between the Inca culture and Catholicism, and you will see firsthand the difference in building methods. The Inka construction here is amazing as this was the key spiritual center of the Inkas from which all roads lead from all of the four quarters of the Inka Empire. There is a high altar made in bronze as a highlight.
From Q’oricancha your group will walk down Avenida El Sol, where you will take your bus to climb up and just outside of the city. The 25 minute drive takes you to the majestic Inka site Sacsayhuaman with its enigmatic monoliths weighing as much as 200 tons. Your guide will offer an explanation of this phenomenal site and you will have extra time to do a bit of exploring on your own.
From Sacsayhuaman it is a 5 minute bus ride to Q’enqo Inka site with its fascinating Inkan altars, then another 5 minute drive to Puca Pucara, a small, circular Inka site. The final stop on our tour is Tambomachay, a water temple thought to be used by the Inka for bathing, with its impressive water fountains. We’ll then drive back down to Cusco where the tour ends in the main square, unless you are taking a private tour, in which case we will return you to your hotel.
Whats Included tour Cusco:
• Official tour guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua.
Not Incluided tour Cusco:
• Tourist ticket: 70 soles for the 4 Inca sites (If you are also doing the Sacred Valley tour, it is actually better to purchase the 10-day tourist ticket which is 130 soles total (which gives you access to other sites in the Sacred Valley and some museums and attractions in Cusco and is good for 10 days).
• Cathedral: 25 soles.
• Q’oricancha/Temple of the Sun: 15 soles.
• Tips for the Guide and driver.
• Meals: There are no meals served during this tour. You should be back in Cusco in time to enjoy lunch on your own.
What we recommend that you bring:
• Good sneakers or light hiking boots.
• A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings.
• Comfortable clothing.
• Money for the tourist pass and Qoricancha entrance ticket.
• Rain gear.
• Water and snacks.
(+51) 966 220 352
Plateros Street #373. PE